Monday, May 19, 2014

*Video* Hike to Haedong Yonggungsa Water Temple


 
I have (unashamedly) been enjoying my new phone and toy- a Samsung S4. I am quite chuffed with the quality of the pics, videos and audio so I decided to play and see how they would look in a multimedia piece. I edited the pics, audio and video using an app called "Kine Master". This has been a marvelous app which means I just need my headphones to edit and it’s game, set, match.  

Anyway, this video is about a hike to Busan's Haedong Yonggungsa Water Temple. It was quite a distance, but the sights (which you'll see in the vid) and the good company made up for the aching calves and feet.  

We began our hike on Donghae Nambu’s abandoned train tracks. We followed winding paths and stopped on the beach for a snack and toilet break. Being a summer's day it was lovely to see people flying kites, building sandcastles and enjoying family time. Traffic to the temple was insane and I kid you not when I say, for the first time in Korea, we struggled to get a cab and a bus! It was the long weekend (Buddah's birthday) so each bus/cab that passed us had someone in it or was just about holding in the hordes of people. 

If you are looking to get your Zen on when you reach the temple, think again. This is quite a popular temple and is generally busy. It was packed with people and finding peace and solitude was not even an optionThe temple itself is quite a beauty and seeing water break on the rocks surrounding the temple is spectacular. There is a market and food stalls/restaurants in the vicinity. There are toilet facilities and admission is free.

Nadia

No comments:

Post a Comment